Fables: Peter and Max

Fables: Peter and Max - Bill Willingham, Steve Leialoha Overall, it was dark, entertaining, and really insightful in terms of the story of the Pied Piper. I loved the duality of the two brothers, and their relationship progress as the book goes on and as they age. Also, many other well-known fairy tales are included as accents to the central story of the two brothers, which was really entertaining and insightful. I enjoyed it, mainly because it was nice to see a different format to Willingham's graphic novels. That being said, I do think that he is better off at writing the graphic novel versions of Fables. The book reads a bit choppy, to be honest, but the characters, their development, and the storyline as a whole were fully fleshed out. I also don't recommend reading this before reading any of the Fables graphic novels, because you will be very lost in terms of a few aspects of the overall Fables storyline. The book CAN be read apart from the series, but I strongly suggest reading it after just so you understand the context of the Fables world.